After mounting an impressive comeback from 14 points down to go up by seven, the Eagles couldn't keep the momentum up against a pretty good, and clearly motivated, Saints team. Bummer.
This reminded me a lot of the Packers game, where the Birdz slumped through a first half that they were lucky not to be down more than they were — woke up in the second half and won the game. The Saints, however, are a lot better than the Packers, taking the Eagles knock-out punch, and grinding out two good 4th quarter drives to put up the last 10 points, including the game winning FG as time expired. Sigh.
What I Liked:
- The frightening way the Eagles scored 21 points in what seems like five minutes.
- The fact that the Eagles had probably their best drives of the season — long, ball-control-type, with some quality rush yards.
What I Didn't Like:
- The muffed punt at the end of the half that spotted the Saints up 14 at intermission. Terrible.
- The blown coverage on the 2nd Joe Horn TD.
- With the score tied at 24 and 3:00 minutes left, a sack of Brees (who had a great game) that would have pushed the Saints out of FG range was negated b/c of 12 men on the field. They never got the ball back.
Ah well. Not a terrible loss like the NYG game, but a loss to a good team of what was ultimately a winnable game.