I was tagged by Nacwolin for seven things about me that might not be known. Since these pop up with some regularity, I beginning to think I'm running out of things to say about myself. Nevertheless, here we go…
1. I dislike artichokes. Dislike isn’t strong enough, I think they’re nasty. (And I get a lot of crap for this from the Beloved and some other friends of ours that really like them.)
2. I have never broken a bone, nor have I ever had to stay in the hospital. The worst was ER room stitches after a collision at home plate during softball game in my 20s.
3. I attended the first Live-Aid concert in Philadelphia in July, 1985. It was incredibly hot and man, did I get a heck of a sunburn.
4. My initial major in school was chemical engineering, which I thought was boring. I wanted to change to psychology, but my parents dissuaded me (thinking there was no future in it) and so I changed it to chemistry, which I found marginally more interesting than ChemE.
5. My BS and PhD are in organic chemistry, but I haven’t synthesized an organic molecule in 15 years, maybe more.
6. I am a terrible swimmer. I nearly drowned once when I had waded out to a sandbar (Wildwood, NJ) and the tide came in making the water deeper than I could stand in.
7. I always come out as “Jack” on “which LOST character are you?” quizzes.
I won't tag, but feel free to play along!